News I took 250 photos with Google Pixel 9 Pro vs. iPhone 15 Pro Max — here's the winner

Aug 24, 2024
You give the win to the iPhone on the zoom test claiming the text is clearer on the street sign, yet to me it looks to have some horrible processing on it making it very ragged and thin. I'd think the softer yet more realistic result of the Pixel is better! It also seems it's all judged on "brightness". I mean the moon shot being brighter is probably a bad thing for the iPhone given it's a dark scene by nature?!

Aug 24, 2024
I agree. I'm not sure why you are not comparing the same picture with each camera rather than split the scene. It makes the comparison more subjective to me. Just my opinion.

Aug 24, 2024
What are we comparing here and what's the goal of the comparison? Colour science is subjective and a processed raw isn't a good way to evaluate how the sensor actually performs. Comparing both phones with only 1 picture isn't a great sample size to go off of and that moon picture is quite terrible I'm not sure if anyone wants a photo like that.

Aug 3, 2024
I have to assume you're blind or intentionally baiting with your comments and decisions? Anything that included a tree the iPhone was absolutely useless. Contrast and details on shaded leafs were completely lost. The zoom on the sign was just simply wrong too, the red lettering on the iPhone was a mess. I think the only ones where the iPhone was any good was the petal and the selfie

Reactions: RZenabi
Aug 25, 2024
One test that might be interesting is capturing something moving in low light. In my pixel 6 I get all sorts of artifacts rather than just blur. Probably from trying to increase resolution from multiple frames.

Aug 25, 2024
I will die on the hill that the pixel did a better job in the ball field photo the details were there in the field the iphone over exposed

SmgUk

Estimable
Feb 26, 2021
Ha Pixel got destroyed and the gap will be even bigger when iPhone 16 Series gets released

Aug 31, 2024
Brighter brighter brighter.....that's pretty much the deciding factor for this review lol. Brighter is not better. The yellow hue iphones give is horrible, especially on people's skin tones. The way it crushes the blacks, regardless of lighting is horrible. I have both phones, and everytime i show people pictures i have taken, they all choose the pixels