I tried to love movie theaters again — but this is a disaster

Dec 5, 2021
I wish you had a Galaxy theater to review!! They are phenomenal. Seat layouts with no head obstruction from people in the row ahead. Incredible expanded menus with frozen margaritas, daiquiris, wine & beer. Delivery to your seat. No nonsense on the way to your theater. I get the annoyance of some of what you mentioned, but for me there is no home theater that can replace a real theater going experience! I love my house, but escape from the same daily routine & the true emersive experience is what I need most.

Wolfshadw

Splendid
Don't know where you're from, but the only time I could get an alcoholic beverage in a movie theater was during my US Service Time over in Germany. As far as an immersive experience, I found that my old projector (Optoma HD20 1080p - since sold) and my Elite Screens pull down (130" diagonal), plus my Onkyo 5.1 surround sound and HTPC with TV Tuner card and Blu-Ray drive provided me with a better than theater experience (I don't like crowds, greasy popcorn, or watered down sodas).

The only real downside was that I had to wait four to six months for a premier movie to come out on Netflix DVD/Blu-Ray delivery service. Over the years, the money saved by not going to the theaters more than covered the up front cost of my home set up and as I said, it was a much more pleasing experience.

-Wolf sends

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 0