I used this rugged phone with a FLIR camera to see behind walls — and it even has an obnoxious 8,800 mAh battery

May 24, 2024
Our phone editor used the Blackview BL9000 Pro as a daily driver for a week, discovering theextra features you won't get on a standard flagship — namely, a FLIR thermal camera and a massive 8,800 mAh battery.

I used this rugged phone with a FLIR camera to see behind walls — and it even has an obnoxious 8,800 mAh battery : Read more
I used this phones pedecessor for two years. Blackview phones are fairly robust, waterproof, and extremely useful. The body on aluminum frame construction, like a truck or suv, is almost tough enough to use as a hammer.
In terms of updates, one huge problem is that Mediatek doesn't play well with the GPL. Custom firmware, that is verified and secure is unavailable, as they only provide their source to partners. Most of the smaller manufacturers do not have the resources to maintain updates long term. It seems that mediatek should follow Intel, Qualcomms path and provide full source access, as well as facilitate the development of glue and go manufacturers rom development being unified.

May 25, 2024
Years ago I had Black view rugged phone. I think it was BV6600pro. It was no good for North America.
I live in Ontario Canada Could only get signal from Rogers and couldn't use 4g.
I travelled to Florida and could only get it to work with AT&T with no 4g.
This soured me on Chinese brand phones.