I used this telephoto camera to bring heat vision to my phone — and it saved me a ton of time

Dec 10, 2023
You didn't mention the video recording is broken on the Pixel devices. Also you might be interested to know if you pull the newest APK distributed in China they've added an AI upscaling mode they call X3.

edabney

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2016
No ability to merge Thermal + Regular Camera Pictures. This is a Must have as trying to identify Thermal pictures by themselves is very difficult from pictures inside a house at different angles.

Does not appear to have the ability to maintain a consistent temperature range.
For example, pointing at the floor you get one color set for a given temperature. Then moving to the Ceiling you get the SAME colors for a completely different temp range. Makes it difficult to get a true picture.
I had to keep my finger in the frame of the camera picture to get a consistent baseline temperature color set. What a PITA.

Dec 10, 2023
No ability to merge Thermal + Regular Camera Pictures. This is a Must have as trying to identify Thermal pictures by themselves is very difficult from pictures inside a house at different angles.

Does not appear to have the ability to maintain a consistent temperature range.
For example, pointing at the floor you get one color set for a given temperature. Then moving to the Ceiling you get the SAME colors for a completely different temp range. Makes it difficult to get a true picture.
I had to keep my finger in the frame of the camera picture to get a consistent baseline temperature color set. What a PITA.
It does have picture in picture. But yes the temp ranging is broken. They have a setting to put it in manual mode but it doesn't actually work.

The hardware is let down by the software.