I want to know if a wireless card will work on a toshiba satellite lap top?

Dave_61

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
I want to know if a wireless card will work on my toshiba laptop? I am a Uber driver and I think it coul;d come in handy?

Solution
As per the above, in case it's not clear the problem with normal wi-fi is that this is designed for using with your LOCAL network in your house or work place. It has a limited range.

Thus, for travelling you need a phone or similar device because you are connecting via cellphone towers (which can be expensive).

I would ask TAXI drivers or other people at Uber for advice too. Maybe there's even a plan specific to people in your profession?
Hi,

Almost all laptops today already has a wireless card in them. Just want to verify if I understand your question correctly, you're trying to get wireless connection with your laptop to go online right? Like using a 3G/4G connection from your internet provider? If you're using an IPhone or an Android phone you can get a wireless connection from it with your laptop. :)

Here's a video guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF4ky3ytSgk

As per the above, in case it's not clear the problem with normal wi-fi is that this is designed for using with your LOCAL network in your house or work place. It has a limited range.

Thus, for travelling you need a phone or similar device because you are connecting via cellphone towers (which can be expensive).

I would ask TAXI drivers or other people at Uber for advice too. Maybe there's even a plan specific to people in your profession?

Solution