Solved! I was wondering if I can switch my straight talk number to my Verizon phone and still get service

Solution
You will have to check with Straight Talk and see if they are using a CDMA or GSM network in your area. They use the service of other major carriers/service providers so it will depend on which one they are using where you are.

Verizon uses a CDMA network, so if the SIM is for a GSM network it would not work. They are very different and not interchangeable. So call up Straight Talk and find out which network they are using. Also, you may be able go to their site and check if the phone will work on their network. Some companies have an option on their site to check using your phone's IMEI.
You will have to check with Straight Talk and see if they are using a CDMA or GSM network in your area. They use the service of other major carriers/service providers so it will depend on which one they are using where you are.

Verizon uses a CDMA network, so if the SIM is for a GSM network it would not work. They are very different and not interchangeable. So call up Straight Talk and find out which network they are using. Also, you may be able go to their site and check if the phone will work on their network. Some companies have an option on their site to check using your phone's IMEI.

Solution