I wish to buy a laptop for work- using accounts software.I presently have a Dell Vostro 1520 which is 9 years old.What is best

Solution
There are alternatives with better screens in this price range, but if you're looking for something cheaper, I would consider a refurbished laptop. You can get one with everything you want for less money.

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
I'm still running a 9 year old Dell Inspiron in which I have upgraded the RAM, added an SSD and switched to Windows 10. It still performs pretty well for basic tasks. Considering what it costs to upgrade these things though, buying a new laptop with all those on it already makes more sense. I would check Dell for special sales or on Dell outlet. I doubt accounting software is too demanding, so anything with a fairly fast dual core and 8 GB's of RAM should make a good replacement for what you have now.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/fncwg2310h?ref=195_title

Myriad8

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

Myriad8

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Thanks for your reply.I have considered upgrading the Vostro 1520.It runs with windows XP which has no support now.
For this and other reasons I think I will get a new one. I do not have much to spend at moment.I have been considering getting a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 with 4GB Ram. to start with and then upgrade it over next while.I read some reviews and some people are not impressed with it citing screen and plastic case ad negatives.

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
There are alternatives with better screens in this price range, but if you're looking for something cheaper, I would consider a refurbished laptop. You can get one with everything you want for less money.

Solution