I would cancel Netflix and HBO Max in September — here’s why

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
You can get Hulu for $1.99 and why would anyone want to cancel that deal?
Yep, I look forward to the Black Friday deals. I have had Hulu for $1, $2, and $1 over the last 3 years. Other than that I usually wait for the "Originals" to end on service and just get it for a month or two and binge or in my case record them with an app called PlayOn. Sometimes you can get some included with other services.

The one I have had since they only had DVDs is Netflix. It is a pain sifting through all the crap they buy or buy pre-production that turns out to be crap, but after checking out about 10 that I think I might like, I always find one or two that I do like. It is different with HBO max. It is easy to find the good ones, but they run out of good ones too fast to keep them all year long.

Moose and Squirrel

Banned
BANNED
Mar 12, 2022
You can get Hulu for $1.99 and why would anyone want to cancel that deal.
$1 per month this past year. It was $1.99 for a year per month the year before?

AMC was 12 months for $24 total not long ago. I just did a year of no ads HBO for $104 total. Paramount+ did $75 for a year.

Netflix? Can't remember the last time I watched anything great on it, and it wasn't very often. Their content is crap and the couple of things I did start watching got canceled after one season.

I can get erratic network tv programming from the broadcasters for free.

And what's up with charging extra for 1080p and 4K? Is it the 2010's?

Lots of streaming deals to be had around black friday, and we're nearly there.

That $104 that HBO just gave me yesterday tells me that they're losing subscribers and want to pick some back up fast.

Rich 1944

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
$1 per month this past year. It was $1.99 for a year per month the year before?

AMC was 12 months for $24 total not long ago. I just did a year of no ads HBO for $104 total. Paramount+ did $75 for a year.

Netflix? Can't remember the last time I watched anything great on it, and it wasn't very often. Their content is crap and the couple of things I did start watching got canceled after one season.

I can get erratic network tv programming from the broadcasters for free.

And what's up with charging extra for 1080p and 4K? Is it the 2010's?

Lots of streaming deals to be had around black friday, and we're nearly there.

That $104 that HBO just gave me yesterday tells me that they're losing subscribers and want to pick some back up fast.
As far as erratic Network TV, if you are talking about reception then there is a fix. All the OTA networks have next day or a few days later for their current programming On Demand on their website. I know because I record only from On Demand using an app called PlayOn.

Sep 2, 2022
House of the Dragon is appointment television for most, self included. I know I'm not waiting two months to binge. I need that injected in my veins as soon as the episode drops lol