i5 8300H gtx 1060gb vs i7 8750H gtx 1050Ti

Jul 23, 2018
Which is better when using apps like Lumion, Sketchup, Revit, and CAD? and a little gaming. im opting for the i5 variant with the 1060 for that gpu power but i honestly do need some help with choosing.

Solution
Quadro is often considered ideal for CAD, even though Quadro cards are typically less powerful and much more expensive than GeForce cards. Depending on the application(s) you intend on using, arguments for both can be made - but if you're going to be doing some gaming, you might be able to get away with a 1060 for gaming and design work. Just know that some applications - such as Revit - don't officially support GeForce cards/chips.

vapour

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017
Can you describe more on the tasks you will do with those software? If the tasks are CPU heavy instead of GPU, go for the I7. To me, I7 is probably better since 1060 is not that much more power than 1050.

Quadro is often considered ideal for CAD, even though Quadro cards are typically less powerful and much more expensive than GeForce cards. Depending on the application(s) you intend on using, arguments for both can be made - but if you're going to be doing some gaming, you might be able to get away with a 1060 for gaming and design work. Just know that some applications - such as Revit - don't officially support GeForce cards/chips.

Solution