Question I7 9750H Thermal Throttling

May 10, 2020
I bought a new laptop Dell G3 and downloaded BFV but it's not playable . Cpu clock decreasing to 2.6 ghz and stuttering comes. Before cpu clock get lower Cpu temp reachs 100°.What should i do? Is there a way to fix that without undervolting?

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Why not undervolt and adjust the stepping...it is so easy with Throttlestop (if it will run on the laptop). I have the same CPU on the Lenovo Legion Y540 and I can pretty much play anything.

If you dont want to mess with the undervolting your only choices are to reduce the graphics quality in game and/or try a laptop cooling pad.

R

May 10, 2020
Why not undervolt and adjust the stepping...it is so easy with Throttlestop (if it will run on the laptop). I have the same CPU on the Lenovo Legion Y540 and I can pretty much play anything.

If you dont want to mess with the undervolting your only choices are to reduce the graphics quality in game and/or try a laptop cooling pad.

R
Is undervolt ends warranty? Its dell laptop.

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Hi - sorry - just saw this post. No - undervolting does not impact the warranty. However, not all laptops can be undervolted.

Throttlestop comes with good instructions so I would give it a shot. It does not affect anything permanently....in fact you must load it every time you want to use it, unless you take steps to have it run automatically when you load Windows.

R

May 10, 2020
Hi - sorry - just saw this post. No - undervolting does not impact the warranty. However, not all laptops can be undervolted.

Throttlestop comes with good instructions so I would give it a shot. It does not affect anything permanently....in fact you must load it every time you want to use it, unless you take steps to have it run automatically when you load Windows.

R
I have to downgrade bios to do. Dell support said me it voids warranty but idk.