I'd like to fine tune for HD as they sometimes pixallate. There are 7 satellites from direct TV. I get mostly all 90's on sa

Chuck_31

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Through direct tv HD, is there one or two satellite antennae's that I can tune to to optimize HD as it sometimes pixallates and freezes more than it use to. Have done all the resets, called Direct TV also. They don't have a clue about tuning to an HD satellite. Maybe I don't either. Tuning to satellite 101 I have all 90 plus vswr.

Solution
DTV uses more than one satellite so the single dish has to aim at them all. There may be a compromise from one sat to the other but usually if the signal strength is in the 90s you are getting a strong signal. You might be able to aim the dish to optimize the signal strength on one sat at the sacrifice of the other. Since DTV is digital having a higher strength signal only affect the performance during bad weather when the signal drops.
You need to sort this out with the service provider. This is one of the things about sattelite TV, it is dependent on weather and other external conditions a lot more than cable or FIOS. Even sunspot activity can cause issues due to the increased charged particles in the atmosphere.

Chuck_31

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

Chuck_31

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Whomever you get on the phone with a service provider just flips through a Kardex file to take you through test procedures and resets. Would be nice to get through to a real RF/electronic engineer!

DTV uses more than one satellite so the single dish has to aim at them all. There may be a compromise from one sat to the other but usually if the signal strength is in the 90s you are getting a strong signal. You might be able to aim the dish to optimize the signal strength on one sat at the sacrifice of the other. Since DTV is digital having a higher strength signal only affect the performance during bad weather when the signal drops.

Solution