Ideapay y500 won't turn on at all

Swarles

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015
Hey,

Today I drank a cup of coffee in bed while I was on my laptop. I spilled a little bit next (not on) to my laptop. I cleaned everything around it and to make sure it wasn't wet inside I opened it up, everything seemed fine.

Yet when I then tried to boot it up the screen just stays blank, nothing happens. I can hear the laptop working somewhat, normal boot noises, maybe a little more choppy and with breaks in between them, but this can be my imagination.
Sometimes there aren't any noises at all after pressing the power button, which also is constantly lit up.
And one time, after removing the battery / power supply and pressing the power button for 60 seconds it started ''booting'' / making noises as soon as I inserted the power cable.

I tried to connect it to a different screen but it still stays blank.

Also, this was my first try of booting it up since yesterday, so the spill might not even be the problem.

Has anyone any idea what might be going on? How can I test which part is faulty? I don't have any warranty anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hi

It maybe sad to say that your motherboard might had been affected by the spill on it. Most of the troubleshooting that is required has been done already last thing you might want to try is to re-seat the RAM.

- Turn the laptop completely off and remove the battery and AC adapter.
- Remove the RAM and leave it off then turn the laptop on and listen for any beeping sound.
- If you won't hear any beep it's clearly is the motherboard, if it beeps turn it off then put everything back together
- If still no display after re-seating the RAM the motherboard needs a replacement already.
Hi

It maybe sad to say that your motherboard might had been affected by the spill on it. Most of the troubleshooting that is required has been done already last thing you might want to try is to re-seat the RAM.

- Turn the laptop completely off and remove the battery and AC adapter.
- Remove the RAM and leave it off then turn the laptop on and listen for any beeping sound.
- If you won't hear any beep it's clearly is the motherboard, if it beeps turn it off then put everything back together
- If still no display after re-seating the RAM the motherboard needs a replacement already.

Solution