IE8: Your Behavior Made It Better

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLeeeperNUKE

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]jkeelsnc[/nom]IE8. What a crock! I downloaded and installed it last week. LOL The first time I loaded it it crashed and then when I killed it from the task manager it automatically restarted itself without asking me. Then it crashed again. Forget it, IE8 can go to hell. LOL It is a huge joke. IE7 was crap but IE8 only makes it worse. What was M$ thinking?[/citation]
I bet you have trouble installing games and other apps also...
Try "cleaning" your machine. The IE8 download and install went smooth as silk for me. It runs fast and has never crashed. Wish I could say the same for all the browser I have installed, I'm a web designer and run everything from IE5.5 to Safari on three different machines. So, I wish everyone would go to IE8 or FF, So I don't have to code for 3 different browsers...

G

Uninstall IE8,

Then download SubInACL from Microsoft web:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E8BA3E56-D8FE-4A91-93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en

And later execute this script to fix the permissions in registry branches that could be affected by IE7/IE8 installation:

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

Status
Not open for further replies.