Solved! If I purchase a new laptop

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
and I freshly re-install windows on it through the windows media creation tool, will it get rid of the manufacturer's bloatware that would have come with the laptop otherwise?

Solution
Ok. Thanks. I heard some bloat in some laptops were actually useful, like control panels for rgb or driver updates, but in most cases I heard it's best to just get rid of everything.
Some OEM apps are useful, others not so much. I prefer to start from a clean install and add what I want. Same reason I buy unlocked phones for cell service.

Just look up the make/model of your new laptop to find its support page. There you can download (and then install) the apps you want.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Ok. Thanks. I heard some bloat in some laptops were actually useful, like control panels for rgb or driver updates, but in most cases I heard it's best to just get rid of everything.
Some OEM apps are useful, others not so much. I prefer to start from a clean install and add what I want. Same reason I buy unlocked phones for cell service.

Just look up the make/model of your new laptop to find its support page. There you can download (and then install) the apps you want.

Reactions: nbartolo7
Solution