If you have a number pad on your laptop, do you use it?

dekw04

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi everyone.

My question is for people with number pads on their laptops. If you are such a person, do you use your laptop's number pad? If so, what do you use it for?

I ask because I have a laptop with a number pad and I'm not sure what I can use it for so I thought I would ask everyone here.

Thank you.

Oct 30, 2018

Jan 22, 2019

I'm an engineer and when I work on engineering software (solid catia ansys abaqus etc) I need to use my mouse for fast GUI input as well as I need to get some numbers down. On top of that, I need to use my left hand for fast keyboard shortcuts. THEREFORE, I hate it when they make powerful and elegant computers only for programmers or writers who grumble about necessity of not having one. And I hate it when only the heaviest, ugliest confetti like gaming laptops (maybe) have a numpad.

What is this disregard towards engineers, when everything is a product of engineering?!?!?

ultra_male

Great
Jan 17, 2019
I have one and always prefer a laptop with a Numpad because during the days of Windows 8, if you wanted to use Microsoft OneDrive, you were obliged to use a Microsoft account and so it's easier to set a pin rather than logging on with a password, that's when I used the Numpad a lot. Now with Windows 10 you can login to OneDrive without using a Microsoft account which I don't prefer anyway so I never really used the Numpad, just have the habit of always wanting to have one coz you never know right? :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop General Discussion 5
S Laptop General Discussion 1
V Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 3
G Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 3
F Laptop General Discussion 2