IHS: Sales of Smart Glasses to Hit Almost 10 Million by 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Cool. I'd probably wouldn't use this in public unless/until it gets dramatically more useful, but I'm looking forward to wearable displays replacing all other kinds of displays one day.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Cool. I'd probably wouldn't use this in public unless/until it gets dramatically more useful, but I'm looking forward to wearable displays replacing all other kinds of displays one day.

Timmy225

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I can believe that there are 10 million Tools out there who will line up for this spyware/hardware. They will line up one day too for the chip to be implanted in their hand too, Fools.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Basically... Google with throw money into this device so all tech sites will keep on pushing and once we're basically 'told' to buy the mass public WILL buy.
We're absolute FOOLS for marketing and are often sold items that we already have (Smart TV anyone?)

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
10 million isn't much out of 7 billion, but i somehow doubt it'll even reach there. Of course none of us will remember that they said this, then. :D

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Dont think everyone will buy those.
As soon as restaurants, shops and everyone else figures out how ppl hate to be watched and then posted on the internet, they will bann those in every place possible.
And i doubt ppl will then want to have some glasses that you cant use in 90%+ on the social locations.

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
I just spent $2000 to not have to wear glasses anymore and now they want me to put them back on lol... no thanks. unless they come in decent looking sunglasses. That's different. lol

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Wow, people, realx. No one is forcing you to buy anything.
As far as the article is concerned, the analysts got it all wrong, IMO. The hardware development will dictate how soon will this technology take off. It is the opposite of what they say, because people are more aware of what they wear in public, and right now the Glass hardware looks too geeky for mass appeal. The software, OTOH, is already available to certain degree, a lot of apps can be made to run on this with minimal modifications, and even fewer apps are dedicated exclusively for Glass, but that will evolve rapidly now that developers got their hands on prototypes.

jamesjones_det

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Google glasses are cool, but I really have a hard time seeing people walking around town waring things like that.
I honestly don't think smart glasses are going to sell that well.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I cannot believe how negative the comments below are. The reaction from the testers have been consistently positive. The problem with mobile phones is that you've always got to pull them out and look downwards to use them. Now imagine you can speak to activate whatever app or function of your phone and have that information overlaid as a HUD in front of you as you are getting about with your business. Google searches, map directions, presentation notes, cooking instructions, news/social media feeds. Imagine something terrible has happened, a bomb has gone off, then immediately activating the camera as you start looking at faces of people acting suspiciously. Imagine Googling a person as you are chatting them up at the bar. Imagine watching a video or reading a book in a particularly boring meeting. Imagine video calls where the caller sees exactly what you see in real-time, so a medical expert can walk you through giving first aid whilst your hands are free to save lives. The possibilities are endless, but some people seem to have myopia to all the benefits these tools can bring.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
LOL, NO.....
Make them in contact lens form and then i will.
Girl "why you blinking so much"?
Guy " i'm taking pics for my spank bank"..

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
You know, if a government wanted to, they could buy a million or so of these, distribute to folks for free, and then hit record button. A volunteer spy network for cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.