Im looking at a LG G3 from Verizon. It says GSM 850-1900 and CDMA. Will this phone work with Straight Talk BYOP plan? And Im a

CountryRose

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
The LG G3's that Ive seen, Verizon & AT&T say GSM & CDMA. Does this mean it will work on Straight Talks BYOP deal? It seems like you would be able to.

Roger Egner

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Yes it will but what straight talk doesn't tell u is if u bring ur own phone after 2 G they will throttle u back to 2G from high speed no plan that they have that will give you more Dont do it is my advice and good luck cost me 150$ to find out let everyone know wish someone would have told me

dawgrit

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
I have a verizon note 4, my mom has verizon nexus 6, and my sister has a verizon Iphone 5. These were all transferred to straight talk. I did all three using ST byop kits. I'll stick with mine, for explanation. Straight Talk does inform you of the data throttle, rite on the service card. After 5 gigs of LTE, ST drops to 2g . They didnt used to, but they occured a lawsuit that is ongoing to this day. Also, like mine, most newer smart phones have a setting that show how much data you used in a given month. My LTE changes to 2g almost exactly the same time my phone shows 5 gigs used. Actually I go slightly over 5 gigs before it throttles. So far, the 3 verizon phones I mentioned, receive all LTE gigs paid for. And throttling to unlimited 2g, after LTE is used, is nice, better than nothing. (Although very slow) If you think what Im saying false, ST now offers the $55 option. This option offers 10 GIGs!. If you run out of 10 gigs in a month, you may need to get off your phone and go enjoy nature a bit. For Rodger Egner, Im wondering if your perticular phone isnt fully compatible with the BYOP. You should post what kind of phone you use, so people know, they may have a problem with that phone

pjp88029

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

Hi, that's a great link IF you already own a phone to check compatibility.
As Straight Talk requires one to enter the IMEI or MEID # info to check to see if the phone can be brought to ST; it is not good reference material for those of us who have not yet purchased a phone; as we do not have access to that info without a phone in our little shopping paws.

I have not found a way around this; to be able to search by a phone's model number; to see if it is compatible w/ST BYOP system; after several attempts in doing so.

dtnel

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
The bring your own phone plans are alot greater than 2gb now. Try unlimited for the BYOP which I just recently activated to see how they handle me for a few months with my power using habits and if it works well then I'll bring my main line and the other 3 lines as well which would save me a chunk of change for alot more data per month. VZW better do something quickly or they'll keep losing customers with their "We don't care attitude"