I'm looking for the Best laptop to play the Sims 3 and it's expansion packs.

Jackelyn Cordero

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
I'm no computer genius but I am looking for the BEST laptop to play the Sims 3 and ALL its expansion packs. I'm not looking for a really expensive computer but not a low class computer either. Please help :) thank you!

Solution
Well... if you do not mind purchasing a refurbished laptop from ebay then consider the following 15.6" Dell Latitude 3540 laptop for $589; there is also a "Best Offer" option, if you want to try to haggle. I purchased this laptop from eBay earlier this year, but from a different seller. I believe this laptop normally sell for $900 - $950 from Dell's website.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-LATITUDE-3540-i5-4200U-2-60-GHz-15-4-1920x1080-AMD-8850M-500GB-/171474633821?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item27ecaf445d

It has the same specs as my laptop and although I do not play the Sims 3, it is powerful enough for you to play the Sims 3 at 1920x1080 resolution with it's dedicated graphic chip. The AMD Radeon HD 8850m is roughly between the GT 750m and...
Well... if you do not mind purchasing a refurbished laptop from ebay then consider the following 15.6" Dell Latitude 3540 laptop for $589; there is also a "Best Offer" option, if you want to try to haggle. I purchased this laptop from eBay earlier this year, but from a different seller. I believe this laptop normally sell for $900 - $950 from Dell's website.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-LATITUDE-3540-i5-4200U-2-60-GHz-15-4-1920x1080-AMD-8850M-500GB-/171474633821?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item27ecaf445d

It has the same specs as my laptop and although I do not play the Sims 3, it is powerful enough for you to play the Sims 3 at 1920x1080 resolution with it's dedicated graphic chip. The AMD Radeon HD 8850m is roughly between the GT 750m and GT 755m for people familiar with the performance of those nVidia graphic chips.

The CPU is an i5-4200u running at 1.6GHz, but will increase to 2.6GHz which is more than enough to play the Sims 3. It only comes with 4GB of RAM, but that is generally enough to play games. You can increases the RAM later by yourself if you wish a stick of 4GB DDR3 1600 1.35v RAM for laptops generally costs about $40 and can easily be installed. You should have no problems playing the Sims 4 on this laptop either.

The screen is non-glossy anti-glare meaning it does not have a mirror finish that reflects light directly back at you. This means you can use the laptop outdoors under very bright conditions. However, colors do not "pop out" like glossy screens. While colors look good they do not look quite as vibrant as glossy screens which will reflect light back at you.

The only short coming of the laptop in general is the keyboard is not backlit meaning there is no light shining underneath the keyboard so that you can see the keys in the dark.

Because this is a business laptop, you will deal with business level customer support if necessary which is generally better than the regular consumer level customer support.

Solution
Forgot to mention, because this is a business laptop, Dell provides the install disk for Windows 8. Most laptops, even other business laptops, does not provide you with an install disk. Instead, the "install disk" exists as a partition on the hard drive, if you need to reinstall Windows for any reason. In this case, if the hard drive dies, then you would need to purchase a retail version of Windows to be installed on a new hard drive.

Because this laptop ships with the install disk for Windows 8, in the event the hard drives crash, you will be able to re-install Windows 8 on a brand new hard drive using the disk.