News I'm switching my whole family from Verizon to Visible — here's why

Apr 19, 2021
Adding another line to your family plan can be tricky, but switching to Visible can save you a lot of money.

I'm switching my whole family from Verizon to Visible — here's why : Read more

... and going to a Facebook page such as Visible's own Party Pay exchange group can save you even more ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/2421394974780105

You are correct when you say that the more lines you add, the lower the cost:

• 1 line - $40
  • 2 lines - $35/each
  • 3 lines - $30/each
  • 4 or more lines - $25/each

So there is no reason to have 4 or more lines grouped together! Each line is paid seperately so adding a complete stranger to the group really effects nobody, you just have 4 or more people working together to lower the cost of cellular service! Plus ... remember to use the referral code they supply and earn a credit to your line. If you have 3 lines, you can actually reduce your bill to only $5 for the month per line if you get someone to use your referral code when signing up. That means you could possibly pay only $60/year per line if you get 12 people to sign up with Visible.

The only downsides to Visible is that:

• No phone in customer service. Everything is done by chat.
  • Visible only supports specific, fairly current phones. All 3 of my lines are Pixel 3 (1) or Pixel 5 (2). The person on Party Pay with us is a fairly new iPhone. But, Visible does offer very inexpensive phones with 0% financing.

We have been using this company for a little over a year and there have been a couple of hiccups. But I am not going back.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021
... and going to a Facebook page such as Visible's own Party Pay exchange group can save you even more ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/2421394974780105

You are correct when you say that the more lines you add, the lower the cost:

• 1 line - $40
  • 2 lines - $35/each
  • 3 lines - $30/each
  • 4 or more lines - $25/each
So there is no reason to have 4 or more lines grouped together! Each line is paid seperately so adding a complete stranger to the group really effects nobody, you just have 4 or more people working together to lower the cost of cellular service! Plus ... remember to use the referral code they supply and earn a credit to your line. If you have 3 lines, you can actually reduce your bill to only $5 for the month per line if you get someone to use your referral code when signing up. That means you could possibly pay only $60/year per line if you get 12 people to sign up with Visible.

The only downsides to Visible is that:

• No phone in customer service. Everything is done by chat.
  • Visible only supports specific, fairly current phones. All 3 of my lines are Pixel 3 (1) or Pixel 5 (2). The person on Party Pay with us is a fairly new iPhone. But, Visible does offer very inexpensive phones with 0% financing.
We have been using this company for a little over a year and there have been a couple of hiccups. But I am not going back.

AND ... I do not work for Visible. Just a happy customer.

Apr 19, 2021
"I have noticed that Verizon prioritizes its own traffic, which means data on Visible can move just a tad slower. "

In some places, deprioritization makes it practically unusable. And Visible is owned by Verizon, so it's all Verizon's "own traffic".

Also, you can join party pay with just one line. This one has 2,000+ members, so you'll always have at least 4 lines in the party: https://www.visible.com/p/bestphoneplans

Apr 19, 2021
US Mobile is a much better value with 3+ lines now, unless you absolutely must have hotspot included. With perks and way better latency/speeds (no "cloud" gateways), it's a no-brainer.

EJEvo

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
I have brand new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G phones for me and my wife, purchased directly from Samsung that we currently use with VZW. Had to get new SIM cards for both from VZW as the old ones in our S7 phones didn't allow full 5G compatibility. So having read this Visible article today, I decided to check out what the cost of switching to Visible would be. According to both Visible and the chat rep I spoke to, our new GS21 5G phones are not eligible to work on the Visible network, based on their IMEI. I pointed out I was confused by this, as the GS21 5G is listed as a compatible phone. "Some IMEI are just incompatible" the chat rep offered, but they unhelpfully offered I could peruse their list of phones to purchase and make the switch.

That would be a hard no. Anyone here who can provide a better technical explanation of the reason for incompatibility with Visible?