News I'm testing Philo to cut the cord — here's the pros and cons

Sep 19, 2021
Philo is excellent for what it is, the bes of cable without locals, News or sports. Even has History which YouTube tv doesn’t.

GM619

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Philo is the cheapest cord-cutting service, but should you consider it? Here's what I like and hate about Philo.

I'm testing Philo to cut the cord — here's the pros and cons : Read more
I did a trial of Philo and was not impressed, most of my favorite shows are on Pluto TV (Free) granted they are not the newest episodes like with Philo but they are new to me since I cut cable back in 2014.
Peacock Premium is good too for older reality shows and sitcoms but I get it for free through my ISP.

Sep 19, 2021
I did a trial of Philo and was not impressed, most of my favorite shows are on Pluto TV (Free) granted they are not the newest episodes like with Philo but they are new to me since I cut cable back in 2014.
Peacock Premium is good too for older reality shows and sitcoms but I get it for free through my ISP.
Sounds like you would do best with an antenna. All those old shows are being played on networks like This, decades, Get, MeTV, etc. That’s not really the demographic that Philo is aimed.

GM619

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Sounds like you would do best with an antenna. All those old shows are being played on networks like This, decades, Get, MeTV, etc. That’s not really the demographic that Philo is aimed.
That's not what I meant by old shows and was talking about older episodes from shows like Pawn Stars, Storage Wars etc on Pluto TV. I don't watch anything on This, decades, Get, MeTV, with the exception of The Office on Cozi, most shows on Philo are shown for free on other platforms was my point. On OTA antenna NBC, CBS, ABC , CW I watch mainly and stream new shows and movies on Netflix, HBOMax and Disney+ so I am in Philos demographic.