Imac i5 faster than macbook pro i5?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

barrk9

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010

Again if you earn your living from doing your work on computers you will see a huge difference in performance. I'm not interested in waiting to find out how well a PC works when my Mac does the job.

barrk9

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010

Speaking of illusions what has the last update to Windows Vista cost everyone?
The one that's called Windows 7? How many different versions does Windows 7 have? How much do they all cost? "Home Premium", come on, just design one software that works. How many different versions does the Mac have? One. The last very impressive upgrade called Snow Leopard cost the user $35. Apple does not fleece their customers on the software and it works!

barrk9

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010

To continue on with the topic of iMac versus MacBook.
My inclination would be to say the iMac is faster as well. Though I would be interested in seeing a test comparison between the two machines. The new MacBook Pro i7 from reading some tests on a couple of sites point out that it is an incredibly fast computer.
But it would seem that having a 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 chip on the iMac would make it a no contest.