Image of Police Abusing Woman Sparks Outrage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
This article is really stretching the definition of Tech news. If someone uploaded a picture of me taking a piss on my old Asus AM2 motherboard, would you write an article about it? Actually the real question would be if the article focuses on the motherboard or on the fact that someone uploaded a picture, because that is the only connection to technology in this article.

Chopki

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
This treatment happens to lots in china, not just prostitutes, i once saw a man being dragged down a street by policemen in china in broad daylight and no one batted an eyelid

hardwarekid9756

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
So, IMO, the "Don't tase me bro" guy had every volt coming to him. The sex solicitation and now this, however, are very very different cases. There was no provocation from the offender in these cases, the tase me bro guy was all about it, struggling even as he yelled to not be tased, more or less asking for it, ironically. This woman, however, got abused to the 3rd degree because the cop is a rage-a-holic a-hole.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]... Oh, it was in China. I was shocked until I found out that. Then it's just SSDD.[/citation]
Yeah, I had the exact same reaction. Not that I don't feel sorry for the people, but that is what we've come to expect from a government that dealt with protestors in Tienanmen Square by rolling out tanks and killing almost 1,000 of their own people.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Seeing how this happened in China she should be lucky that she is still alive to get pulled around by her hair while she is naked.

I am certain that China's police have to right to walk up to her and put a bullet in her head then walk away.

sylvia648

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Well I am glad it's not just America that loves to hate cops. Now I can't say there aren't some police men and women out there that do their job and do it well by keeping a level head and not over reacting to everything, but often times the people that do this sort of shit are draw to police work for the power they get over others and that's why this stuff spreads because people love to hate corrupted power on any level.

sylvia648

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Well I am glad it's not just America that loves to hate cops. Now I can't say there aren't some police men and women out there that do their job and do it well by keeping a level head and not over reacting to everything, but often times the people that do this sort of shit are draw to police work for the power they get over others and that's why this stuff spreads because people love to hate corrupted power on any level.

quadibloc

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
We know that mainland China is still a dictatorship where public comment on corruption or police abuses is suppressed, and where religious freedom is limited to churches run by the government. It is very difficult for people who live there to get word out about what the government would rather class as "state secrets".

Status
Not open for further replies.