Images of Strange New PS3 Model Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

zscar

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
That sure looks horrible when compared to the previous models. Here's for hoping that it isn't the real model.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
From the top, that looks very early 90's :) ... if they do some more efforts and make it look like an Atari 2600, I sell my 1st gen PS3 and buy a new one :-D

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
It looks to be about 2 inches thick and maybe 12 inches long. Considering the parts inside the PS3, not terrible sure they can shrink it much more without stripping something out. If you're someone whose PS3 died, and you believe, like me, that they probably aren't putting direct backwards compatibility in the PS4, this will probably be a cheaper piece of hardware to pickup.

G

Yes please, die shrinks! I'm considering replacing my old "fat" PS3 (not one of those with PS2 compatibility) with a slim one just because of the reduced noise and power consumption...

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]From the image, it doesn't look too slim...especially not after seeing what PS2 was capable of.[/citation]
Look closely...it's actually bigger than the Slim PS 3...nice grill, indeed...good for cooking.
Almost like George Forman's...

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]jerm1027[/nom]I'm assuming newer slimmer model means another die-shrink, yes?[/citation]
Nothing to see here, Intel-bro..nothing to see. :\

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
if u ask me with a die shink, adding PS2 chip back for PS2 backward compatibilty on it would almost cost to nothing.

I just find my long dead PSX in my store room. Guess what I am not being able to play my huge pile of PSX game other than DLing a PSX BIOS + ripping it into HDD and play using epsxe.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
what are the designers doing? are they purposely trying to make the PS3 the ugliest console ever? all their efforts look horrible, and yes, i do own one.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]i just checked on IGN about this and they are saying they may release a 16GB model to compete with the 4GB xboxhttp://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07 [...] on-3-model[/citation]
this wont work out and itll be terribly stupid if Sony did that. I doubt theyd do it. ps3 games require installation, and alot of installations are around 4-5gb. xbox is different because those games dont require installation. 16gb may be fine for xbox and 40-60gb should be minimum for ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.