Improving my HP 2000 a bit?

tried42long

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
I'm not that familiar with hardware and stuff, so please forgive me.

Here's the specs, by the way: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03924028&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=sa&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5447733

I guess it's impossible to replace the processor, right? I saw some through shops and they have these socket types which made me think that it's impossible without replacing the mobo.

I only play light games(l4d2, Naruto UNS3 FB, DmC, Sleeping dogs) and program. I'm planning on buying 2 RAM's. Would this improve the fps? How can I know what's the maximum RAM my laptop can have?

A CPU change, whilst it has been done in the past (usually by trial & error by people with deep pockets) should really be considered as not possible on a laptop since the compatibility information is hard to find, often non-existent.

Adding more RAM will not improve frame rates in gameplay. Only a more powerful graphics card will do that, but unfortunately that's another no-go area for a laptop, and that's why laptops are considered generally to be unsuitable for playing the latest game titles (unless it's a purpose built gaming laptop like the Dell Alienware range).

Since your laptop is (according to the spec sheet) running Windows 8 64-bit, it can certainly take more than the standard 4 GB RAM that your laptop shipped with (again, using info from the spec sheet) but just how much more I don't know as i cannot find that info. But at least 8 GB I would think.