In fact, what would be the reason to build your own laptop ?

YoubiGreat

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
My case is : I, in the past, build a lot of desktop from scratch. Got a nice shell, best motherboard available and al memory, harddrive, sound card, etc. At that time, hard drive where big...8Gig. HA! No. I know, it was a long time ago. But At that time, laptops were for rich companies. Today, market have change and laptop prices are not an issue and we pay the big price. For me, the problem is more to be unbound from any manufacturer like Dell, HP, etc. I just bought a brand new Dell Inspiron 17 7000 Series 7737 with touch screen. It shuts down instantly while I'm working. At some points, I lost my Wifi for 2 weeks and it came back by itself. No, it wasn't Windows Update, I checked. Today, with my 4 olds but beasty desktop and laptop with Win 7 Pro 64bit, I don't have any problems. With that new laptop, and what I experienced, I only can see that quality is gone and it won’t come back for many years and quality of customers support is not there at all. They are not in control of what they sell. And for them, the problem is always 15 inches in front of the screen. So, building our own laptop is the next good thing. But the BIOS is Dell's and HP's, and ACER's, and Lenovo's. So even if we buy an old laptop, will it be performant or we will have to settle for less than the sh... they sell as pre-made laptop ? I have Intel i7, 12Gig RAM, 1Tb HD, 17inches touch screen, with DVD drive but I'm stuck with Dell and Microsoft. How can I modify that laptop so I can get rid of Dell ? Money to buy it is not the problem. Money we lose when we spend consuming time on chat, telephone, etc with people that build those laptop and they don’t have a clue about what is going on with our brand new laptop, it is disappointing. So, anybody knows how I can get Dell out of my Laptop ?

Solution
Paragraphs please...

With laptops, you're stuck with what you buy, exceptions are RAM and storage which you can often swap out. (Laptop manufacturers get so much RAM in bulk they just throw it at you anyways). Get one from a better brand such as MSI, then do a clean windows install for best experience.

The closest to a laptop a normal person could build would be a miniPC that you can fit in a backpack.

AdviserKulikov

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Paragraphs please...

With laptops, you're stuck with what you buy, exceptions are RAM and storage which you can often swap out. (Laptop manufacturers get so much RAM in bulk they just throw it at you anyways). Get one from a better brand such as MSI, then do a clean windows install for best experience.

The closest to a laptop a normal person could build would be a miniPC that you can fit in a backpack.

Solution