In need of a new smartphone, but don't know which to choose.

GregDL

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Hello,

I'm looking for a new smartphone as mine is getting old (Galaxy Ace). There are sales here atm, so I'd like to use this moment to buy a new one.
Budget: max 300-350
I mainly use:
- Internet browsing (quite a lot) so it has to be pretty fast in that departement
- Camera: It's the only camera I have (my parents don't let me buy one), so it has to be decent (>8mp+)
- Listening to music everyday, so the output has to be good (but it's pretty good on all modern smartphones I guess)
- Playing GBA and NDS gaming via an emulator

phones I have on my mind are:
1. Samsung Ativ S: €199 - which I think is very cheap as it's just a windows phone'd Galaxy S3
2. HTC One X+: €299 - It has a big and good lcd screen
3. Samsung Galaxy S4 mini: €299 - it's the most recent of all these phones, it's decent I guess
4. Sony Xperia T: €249 - It's a good phone overall
5. Nokia Lumia 920: €299 - It's a solid phone
6. Sony Xperia SP: €299 - It has a good camera + it's a pretty recent phone
7. Galaxy S3: €299 - This one's my favourite, but don't know if I should go for it as it's quite old by now

I don't like iPhones, as I had one before, so that's no option for me.

Which phone is the best overall, or would you recommend?

Thanks!
Greg

GregDL

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

I can't get the N5 out of the Play Story, as I live in Belgium. It sets me back €399 for the 16GB version, and that's out of my budget. The HTC One costs €599, so that's way too much.

ironmanrls

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
As someone said it before - get yourself a Sony Xperia SP. Samsung Galaxy S4 is also not a bad choice. It all really depends on whether you want to stick with Samsungs or move to something else, like Sony. How about comparing both of them? I mean, asking people is one thing, the other is digging on your own and there are plenty www that could help you. One of them is http://comperio.co/en/ so try it and see it yourself

GregDL

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

My price range is €300-350, and the note 3 is like €700 here. Way out of my league.