In the market for a custom laptop..suggestions?

umbrellacorp89

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
1. What is your budget? Under $1,000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13-15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want? Full HD, No 4k please.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Middle of the road.

5. How much battery life do you need? It will mainly be connected to an AC adapter so this isn't the most important thing.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Definitely! I play WoW, Diablo III, and others. I would like something somewhat future-proof for a bit.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Remote IT management, Web browsing, document editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? At least 256GB SSD.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I have looked at Sager, Cyberpower, and AVA.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD writer or bluray.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I mainly prefer HP and Dell, but am open to all sugestions as this is custom.

13. What country do you live in? USA

I would like a laptop that isn't terribly heavy as I will use it while traveling as well as at home.

Thanks in advance guys!!

umbrellacorp89

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for your reply! I did see that Acer on Amazon and although it's a great deal, I agree with you on the reliability of the company. I may need to pony up more up front, because I would like it to last a good 3 years.