Increase performance of radeon hd 7670m

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2018
I have hp pavilion g6 powerd by intel hd 4000 powerd by radeon 7670m 2 gb i can't play games smoothly In my pc how can I fix this ??

Solution
To play games smoothly you'll need a more powerful and "real" gaming laptop - - - that rules out anything made by HP.

You can try turning everything down to "low" in the game setup, that should make it smoother but visuals won't look as good.

Some of the latest games won't play at all on that laptop model owing to the Radeon GPU not being capable enough by compared to the latest gaming cards.

Seriously, if you want to be able to play games on a laptop, HP was a bad choice. You should take a look at the Asus Rog gaming laptops.
To play games smoothly you'll need a more powerful and "real" gaming laptop - - - that rules out anything made by HP.

You can try turning everything down to "low" in the game setup, that should make it smoother but visuals won't look as good.

Some of the latest games won't play at all on that laptop model owing to the Radeon GPU not being capable enough by compared to the latest gaming cards.

Seriously, if you want to be able to play games on a laptop, HP was a bad choice. You should take a look at the Asus Rog gaming laptops.

Solution

twiggxst

Commendable
Dec 2, 2018
Radeon 7670M 2GB still has power left, I am not complaining: CS:GO 100+fps constant(Competitive), WoT: 45+fps (SD-med), War Thunder: 50+fps(low-med) and 3610QM is also powerful enough to run games.. ofc for Heavy Gaming(200+fps @144-180Hz) this laptop isnt made, for that I built a gaming rig and It's damn sweet (=

(Custom built HP G6 - I rebuilt it: everything under the hood)
i7-3610QM(had B960)
8GB DDR3 1600MHz(had 6GB DDR3 1333)
7670M 2GB (Somewhat great OC ability)(-none/Intel HD)
860 EVO SSD(had 5400rpm slo-mo-toster)

Problem it has -> Bad Cooling Solution so I am very careful with its OC and heat affects this GPU's fps a bit I have noticed(+ I use separate cooling under it.)
-> Bad/buggy drivers from AMD, I am keeping one working driver(separately) that lets OC if newer driver(s) fails- hell breaks usually loose when installing(random errors, driver installation freezing)... So yeah, it can destroy if drivers are good, but 7670M is starting to be kinda outdated, but not yet, + it still has huge value to me. =)

Want to play games: Get a Gaming laptop(with GTX 970M+) or build a Gaming Rig. (I went for it and now I am bored of playing games.) (PS I am not an nvidia fanboy, I just feel secured behind it, AMD isnt right for me..)

Status
Not open for further replies.