Indie Hit Fez Hitting Steam May 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
still no email updates for comments, now onto the comment

ever sense it was first announded i wanted this game, but i was never going to buy it for a plat form that at some point will die (xbox360) so i never got it for that console.

but when i hear this guy talk... i can never bring myself to like the guy.

if this was a team of people, i could get it knowing he was one of many, but knowing most money (if he is porting it himself) is going to him... its hard to swallow.

its on my wishlist, but ill be hard pressed to pay more than 5$ for it.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ankit0x1[/nom]forced console port? I'l rather play tetris[/citation]

if he is doing it himself, yea, rather not play it, but if he farmed it out to someone else... you can get some fairly good ports depending on who you farm to

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
hopefully the bugs are more ironed out on PC version...

there was couple of game breaking bugs found on Xbox version but it was never fixed because MS charges for update rollouts after first free update...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/07/microsoft-comes-under-fire-for-five-figure-xbox-360-patch-fee/

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]What is Fez?[/citation]

It's a puzzle platformer. Though most of the gameplay is in 2D, a lot of the puzzles actually operate in a 3D space.

The name of the game comes from the fact that the main character, Gomez, wears a magical fez hat that allows him to move in 3D.

- Catherine Cai

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]still no email updates for comments, now onto the commentever sense it was first announded i wanted this game, but i was never going to buy it for a plat form that at some point will die (xbox360) so i never got it for that console.but when i hear this guy talk... i can never bring myself to like the guy. if this was a team of people, i could get it knowing he was one of many, but knowing most money (if he is porting it himself) is going to him... its hard to swallow. its on my wishlist, but ill be hard pressed to pay more than 5$ for it.[/citation]

Phil Fish is a bit of a personality, but it's good to separate the artist from his work. I highly recommend Fez. It's a great, unique indie game.

- Catherine Cai

jeremiahlane4

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Daniel. you think Francis`s postlng is something... I just bought a new Lancia Straton after making 5489 this past five weeks and-in excess of, ten-k lass month. this is really the nicest job Ive ever had. I actually started 8-months ago and right away started to bring home minimum 70, per-hr. I follow the details here, http://www.pie21.com

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]crewton[/nom]Why do I not have permission to report spammers[/citation]

Maybe it's the tom's new way of advertisement.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I saw this game and the guy on Indie Game: The Movie and I don't know if it was for dramatization purposes of the film but he came on as a whiny obsessive complaining asshole. Also, from the movie I gathered he has trust issues due to what happened with the lawsuit but he clearly showed he didn't have all the skills needed to make a proper workable game so I'm not expecting Fez to be free of bugs for the Steam version, if he indeed is doing the port alone.

I recommend the movie to anyone curious on indie game developers, it's a pretty bold decision to complete dedicate your life to a game.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]blackjackcf[/nom]Phil Fish is a bit of a personality, but it's good to separate the artist from his work. I highly recommend Fez. It's a great, unique indie game.- Catherine Cai[/citation]

i have to say it first, still no email updates...

now, yea i know, like i said, if it was a big company, i could ignore him easily, but he is an indie dev who is either small team or completely on his own... so i cant ignore that i don't like him or his attitude much.

Status
Not open for further replies.