Question Input lag and background pages disabled when gaming

Dec 24, 2023
Hi, I recently bought a new MSI Cyborg 15, with a RTX 4060, intel I7 12650H and 16Gb of ram.
Everything is fine for normal use, but when I use it for gaming I'm getting some issues. Sometimes, it starts having heavy input lag only from the keyboard (with the built-in keyboard or an external one). This lasts for a minute or two, then stops for some minutes and repeats happening. When this happens, the game can receive the input seconds after I press the key or keep it pressed for seconds after I release it. Also, when I enter games it stops other pages in the background (I especially encountered this issue because if I have a youtube video going in the background it freezes until I unfocus from the game. It's not just the audio that gets muted, the video itself stops). I have the most updated game ready drivers installed. Any idea why this is happening? What should I do to fix this?

Dec 24, 2023
It varies from game to game. I don't know about the SSD, but the ram isn't always near 100% usage when this happens. I don't really know what changed, but right now I was able to play for at least 1h without ever getting this issue. It could be related to GPU usage (from what I've seen it usually happens when GPU is at 100% usage, but I'm not sure since Afterburner overlay also freezes when I lag.

Dec 24, 2023
Just after replying, I re-entered the game and got the lag again, even from the lobby. Neither the GPU or ram were at 100% usage.

Dec 24, 2023
Now I tried from the Fortnite lobby. Temperatures don't matter since I have this problem as soon as I join the lobby (GPU 55°C, CPU 65°C). Even from the lobby I was getting both problems: I put a sound in the background from the internet, and as soon as I entered the game it stopped. I also got a bit of input lag (less than in-game, but when I clicked the key to emote I got some delay. From the Afterburner overlay, I saw around 60% GPU usage, 25% CPU and 13GB of ram.

Dec 24, 2023
I entered the Fortnite lobby again, having the same issues as always. To see if this lag was caused by some application, I tried to close some of them from the taskbar hidden icons menu. After closing some of them, the whole pc crashed and instantly gave a blue screen for a second, saying that it had to be rebooted, then it automatically did. After restarting it works regularly (as it did before crashing, still with the issues). I'm sure that none of the programs I closed were system programs or related to Fortnite (I only managed to close Afterburner and Riot Client before crashing).

Dec 24, 2023
After restarting and entering the Fortnite lobby again it didn't have the input lag, but after I switched window and opened the browser to start a youtube video, the delay came back. Even after closing internet it didn't stop having input lag (always from the keyboard only).

Dec 24, 2023
I repeated the same process that made me crash completely and I got the same result. It happened after closing Riot Vanguard. Before closing it I got a message saying that games depending on that feature wouldn't work before restarting the pc, but no games using it were running.

Dec 24, 2023
From what I've seen this happens everytime I switch to another window and come back. I'm not sure if I wouldn't get this issue without opening any window after launching the game, I haven't tested yet.