Inspiron E1505 - How will gaming be?

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Hi there,
I just ordered a inspiron notebook because my one i currently have only has a radeon IGP 7000 which pretty much sucks.

Specs-
Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5600 (2MB/1.83GHz/667MHz)
15.4 Inch TrueLife Wide-screenWXGA (1280x800)
2GB, DDR2, 533MHz
256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400 HyperMemory
100GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
8X DVD+/-RW Drive
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Just wondering what frame rates to expect out of this baby.. I was wanting to play WOW and Counterstrike source mostly. Maybe mixing it up with some cod,farcray,bf2 and ut2k4 also.

Also anyone know if the Restore/Driver cd has ALL drivers on there for individual install? Because i read on forums that the notebook comes with the vista OEM cd and then a restore cd also. So basicly i wanted a clean install without dell applications.

Another question is are ati moblity drivers different then normal ati drivers for desktops? I have some OMEGA drivers in mind thats why.

Thanks for all the help!
-mike

WOW and CS you'll have no problem with. I've played COD2 on my computer that uses an X300 and get around 30 FPS so expect a little better (of course you can change it from DX9 to DX7 and get a better frame rate). I'm not sure about the other games. The only way to find out is to try them. I wouldn't expect a whole lot though.