How To Install on compaq win 7 with audio

Mar 9, 2022
https://www.techspot.com/drivers/downloadnow/17258/?evp=7b2d96269ebe0859a284a98b333c5f5b&file=22404

I have had a compaq nc6400 for at least ten years without any trouble. Now microsoft have closed it down saying I have not paid. I have read on the net they have closed down many even those that have paid saying it is not genuine. Now it is so long ago when I bought it second hand that I dont know if the previous owner paid or not. I have read that only now they have put in a special update which can find that out. So the first thing is get an update blocker. Now the problem is that this computer was made before windows 7 and althouth it will work with windows 7 it wont be able to use audio. I have asked HP and they say there is no help for this. But I have been using the computer with win 7 for many year. I found the answer it is this. You have to use the audio of the xp and this will work on the compaq for win 7.
I want to upload the file on here but they say it is too large. Maybe I will split it and also upload the file splitter to join them later if necessary. So I just wrote the place where to down load it. The name of the file should be sp38529.exe some have a habit of downloading different ones. It is not always easy to see what one is downloading from free sites.
When you download it follow the instructions get into the soundmax who will make the driver update for you. This works very well.
I read a lot of people are now having their computer closed down by microsoft. So it should be of interest to many

I looked up the specs on that laptop. It came with 1GB of RAM and an 80GB HDD. I don't know if any of that has been upgraded, but the last several versions of Windows would not run on that machine. The problem with installing XP or Win 7 is security. MS has not supported those Windows versions with security updates for years. That puts you at risk. If you have any sensitive data on your laptop, it could be compromised. I don;t even know where you would find an install image for old Windows anyway. The ones you may download from the web are not to be trusted.

I suggest you buy a used machine that can run windows 10.

https://www.techspot.com/drivers/downloadnow/17258/?evp=7b2d96269ebe0859a284a98b333c5f5b&file=22404

I have had a compaq nc6400 for at least ten years without any trouble. Now microsoft have closed it down saying I have not paid. I have read on the net they have closed down many even those that have paid saying it is not genuine. Now it is so long ago when I bought it second hand that I dont know if the previous owner paid or not. I have read that only now they have put in a special update which can find that out. So the first thing is get an update blocker. Now the problem is that this computer was made before windows 7 and althouth it will work with windows 7 it wont be able to use audio. I have asked HP and they say there is no help for this. But I have been using the computer with win 7 for many year. I found the answer it is this. You have to use the audio of the xp and this will work on the compaq for win 7.
I want to upload the file on here but they say it is too large. Maybe I will split it and also upload the file splitter to join them later if necessary. So I just wrote the place where to down load it. The name of the file should be sp38529.exe some have a habit of downloading different ones. It is not always easy to see what one is downloading from free sites.
When you download it follow the instructions get into the soundmax who will make the driver update for you. This works very well.
I read a lot of people are now having their computer closed down by microsoft. So it should be of interest to many

If you are talking about your Windows license being invalidated, it can happen if someone used an invalid code which can work for a while but then comes up with a not activated error. You need to make sure the license is valid for the system, many cheap licenses you find online are not really valid to use on the computers, they come from OEM systems or volume licenses. The only valid licenses would be a full clean one from Microsoft or the OEM code that was included with the laptop. Whoever you got the laptop used from very likely did not use any of those codes.