Installed new ssd on different OS, now older ssd wont show!

ckochamba

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
So i installed a new SSD with windows 10 pro, i did not clone which was more then likely a mistake... my other SSD has windows 8.1 pro on it which im sure is the reason why i cant find it at all under computer management to try and format it. im trying to use the second SSD as additon space.
Is there an easy way to wipe the drive?? without buying some program?
I have tried switching out the ports to boot the old one back up to see if i can wipe it that way but its giving me an error and doesnt load the old 8.1 for me... the computer wont even boot up on my windows 10 pro with the other SSD connected to the computer so i tried booting up without it plugged in and once im booted into windows 10 i connect it and refresh the drives in the management but i get nothing to show.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have also tried switching the sata ports to the older ssd to try and make sure it wasnt a boot priority issue and i felt like i tried a couple of different boot priority options in the Bios but still nothing....am i missing something?

ckochamba

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

Samsung evo 850 model mz-75e500
and the one that has windows 8.1 my older one is a cruicial mx100 model ct256mx100ssd1