installing windows 7 from cd

john1900

Estimable
Dec 7, 2015
hi i have a toshiba satellite l655d- s5076 i have a problem installing windows 7 on it

the problem was that windows could not load and it gave a me a startup repair could not fix it.
i put the cd in it and i boot the cd first and says windows is loading files and then the screen with the windows logo and then black screen with cruzor what could be the problem

Vogner16

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
bad install disk? bad ram? bad cooler? many things could be wrong. id check the disk first and see if it will boot to the first blue screen saying pick a language on another PC. next try running memtestx86 on the laptop see if you have ram errors. should have put this first but make sure the exhaust is flowing air. could be a hundred issues but these are most common.

could also be dvd drive is bad, etc...

john1900

Estimable
Dec 7, 2015
vogner 16 the disk for windows 7 works and i try it on another laptop no bad cooler and how do i check for bad ram i see you wrote that code but i cant come to a command screen

Vogner16

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
that's not code. I don't know how to code. that's a program called memtext x86 you download and install to a cd then boot from.

open the windows install disk files and select them all and copy them all to a usb drive.

Vogner16

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014

Same way you always install windows. if it dosent let you boot from the disk boot from a usb. you can make a usb by following youtube videos.

copy files you need from the laptop before you install, format the main hard drive by booting to the installer on the disk, then do a fresh clean install.

there are literally 100 videos on youtube on how to do this. and @jsmithepa windows always installs the same way. only changes are to things such as drivers (sometimes sata drivers need to be manualy loaded) and certain BIOS's don't allow for booting from certain drives.

Vogner16

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014

delete the old partition create a new one. if that continues to fail you need a new hard drive.

TRENDING THREADS