Intel HD 4000 Graphics not working

Apr 19, 2018
I have a HP Pavilion DV6-7011tx which is around 5 years old. This laptop initially came with windows 7. A few weeks back when I attemted to turn on windows which was running completly fine for the last couple of years got stuck on the logo screen and won't turn on even after restarting it a couple of times. So, I booted into the safe mode to inquire what was the issue that was interrupting with the boot. I recognised that the INTEL HD 4000 graphic driver had an error along with a couple of other devices namely- BCM20702A0, Ethernet controller, PCI Device, Universal seriel Bus (USB) controller. Thinking of a driver issue with the intel HD graphics I cleaned my hard-drive and installed windows 10 freashly, display driver was still not working. I am unnable to adjust the brightness and the screen is too bright to look at , along with this the sleep and hibernate are also not working. I tried everything on the internet . Updated my drivers, tried rolling back to the HD drivers but nothing works and the computer gives out a black screen as soon as the drivers get installed and would get stuck at logo screen, i have to disable the drivers from the safe mode in order to boot it. I even tried to restore the laptop with restore disks that i made a year ago, I used this disks to restore the laptop more that a couple of times but now it again gets stuck with a black screen as soon as the drivers get installed. Battery life has gone down from 3 hrs to mere1-1.5 hrs and the laptop gets too hot to hold. The BIOS on this device is locked so i cannot get into the advanced setting.
I think that my Intel HD graphics is broken as none of the driver version is working. And yes, i have tried almost all the driver version that i could get hold on. Even the microsoft driver that comes defult with windows 10 is of no use.
Your help would be appreciated.

Solution
You won't be able to fix the motherboard, if you have heat issues, you need to clean off the fan(s)/heatsink and apply new thermal paste. No way to actually fix a bad motherboard, need to replace it.
Apr 19, 2018

Finally shifted to Linux as i couldn't take the headache caused by the bright display. In linux too the laptop is getting too hot to hold and the battery life has not improved a bit from that of windows. I too think that the intel hd graphics has broken as the fans runs vigorously even after installing all the drivers correctly. But atleast now I can use the system without getting any lags and headache.

Can you suggest some methods which I can utilise in order to fix the motherboard.
your help is greatly appreciated.