Question Intermitent green/pink screen on LCD TV

joejim

Estimable
Jul 31, 2016
I have 37" LCD TV. Problem is TV turns green or pink screen intermittently, I can always get back to normal after unplug then plug in power cord(hard reset?).
This started few months ago after years of no problem at all.
Here are some details.

It starts with a "click" or "clunk" sound then green or pink overlays picture. ( I am using LCD as computer monitor) So I unplug VGA feed and I see solid green or pink screen.
It always gets back to normal multi color screen after I unplug then re-plug power cord from outlet (I guess "hard reset"?)
I can't take to repair shop cus after I plug in TV at shop, no green/pink screen cus it happens intermittently so I have to explain in words. (BTW all repair shop told me they NEVER heard of my problem with LCD TV)

BTW "click" or "clunk" sound is like magnetic clicks? or electric breaker tripping sound(I know no breakers in tv, just describing what it sounds like).

More detail;s about what's happening. After green or pink screen, sometimes noise inside tv cover then sometimes no noise. When noise, it sounds like "whistling" or " static cracking" sound from bad speakers (describing noise not about TV speakers).

Also I thought I had to do only unplug then re-plug to get back to normal screen. But sometimes power button under tv (while power cord still plugged into outlet) OFF then ON will do the trick. So maybe "hard reset" is not always required?

I took off back cover, checked all capacitors, none bulged. Also no loose connections.
Maybe VGA ? so connected computer to LCD monitor with HDMI, still same problem.

One constant is initial "click" or "clunk" sound then green or pink screen. after that all intermittent happenings, not consistent.
Any ideas?

joejim

Estimable
Jul 31, 2016
I suspected T-con BUT???? did you read my question CAREFULLY? I tried to write many details.
Where is "click" noise at start and "whistling" noise after green screen coming from? T-con board? I don;t think so.
Also, most important, it's intermittent, I think T-con issue is permanent. Unplug and re-plug don;t fix T-con problem.
Thanks for trying to help
I think I got a MYSTERY. LOL

Last edited:
I posted the most common solution, which could solve the problem with the color. Maybe the TV has other faults too, like the I/O board or the power board.

Did you CAREFULLY read my post too? Which TV brand and model is it?

Without measuring or replacing parts, you won´t get near a solution.

joejim

Estimable
Jul 31, 2016
I posted the most common solution, which could solve the problem with the color. Maybe the TV has other faults too, like the I/O board or the power board.

Did you CAREFULLY read my post too? Which TV brand and model is it?

Without measuring or replacing parts, you won´t get near a solution.
I solved my problem, It was incompatibility issue between PC video card and LCD tv.
I was watching sports and "light" came on. Maybe it's not LCD tv but the source? PC?

Last edited by a moderator: