Solved! Intermittent Keystroke Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2021
Hello, first time here but I haven't found anything that can help me with my issue so far.

I'm running Windows 10 on an Asus ZenBook. My issue is that sometimes, intermittently, my numbers and letters don't work. Some other keys work (directional arrows, F keys, windows key, for examples). The weird part is that when it happens, it also happens on the external bluetooth keyboard. I've re-checked all the keyboard drivers, and they're all up to date, and so is Windows. At this point the only way to fix the issue is to restart (a pain when I'm in the middle of something). A shut down does not fix the issue, however.

Any help anyone can give would be great! Thanks.

Solution
Try reseating the keyboard connector to the motherboard, make sure keyboard is cleaned out. Try removing the keyboard from device manager, reboot the system and see if it works any better once it detects it again. A clean Windows setup would also help if it's a Windows issue.
Try reseating the keyboard connector to the motherboard, make sure keyboard is cleaned out. Try removing the keyboard from device manager, reboot the system and see if it works any better once it detects it again. A clean Windows setup would also help if it's a Windows issue.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.