'Internet access' but no internet

IsH4ck

Commendable
May 12, 2016
hello guys, recently my internet on my computer has been acting up. When I switch on the computer and start using the internet, it is fine. However 5 minutes later and it goes. But the router still shows strong connection. Once the internet stops working on my computer, all my other devices (ipads, phones...) internet goes. It comes on for about 5 seconds here and there. But that is no use. Could someone please help me? Windows 7 DELL computer intel icore7. If you need more information just ask me. THANKYOU VERY VERY MUCH

Solution
I'd be wary of your solutions. Security Essentials isn't known to do this. It could be conflicting with another program, there could be something faulty in the way it was installed, or you really could have malicious software.

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
It sounds like you have some virus or other malfunctioning program that is dumping junk onto your network and flooding your router or connection with more requests or data than it can handle. I've seen this with an OEM backup program before, but it could be any number of things. See if you can find any particular program that starts using the network 5 minutes after you turn your PC on.

IsH4ck

Commendable
May 12, 2016

to Tom's

Thanks guys for replying. I have reset my router, yet no positive results. I can in fact remember going to msconfig and delay something's startup. But, the programme that is delayed had no negative effects on my computer. I know this because it used to be on straight away startup, so if it launched as soon as I turned my computer on, I would've had a worse problem. (BTW It doesn't take exactly 5 mins for the internet to go) And again. Thankyou guys for trying to help me

IsH4ck

Commendable
May 12, 2016
Guys, guess what. I have uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials, my internet works much better!!! Microsoft, what have you done. Maybe it is because you have to manually install MSE on windows 7. My internet is still a LIIIITTTTTLE bit faulty. But overall it is fine now

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
I'd be wary of your solutions. Security Essentials isn't known to do this. It could be conflicting with another program, there could be something faulty in the way it was installed, or you really could have malicious software.

Solution

IsH4ck

Commendable
May 12, 2016

Its ok I fixed it

IsH4ck

Commendable
May 12, 2016

I realised that I had recently installed some programmes. Oddly, the installed programmes were ccleaner and microsoftsecurityessentials. However I knew that they would not cause harm to my computer, I reinstalled the sofwares and everything was fine. There was probably some secret files that I must've downloaded whitout acknowledging because the sites I downloaded the files from were not the company sites. If you can't find a solution, make sure you do system restore :)