Internet Still Growing Strong: Almost 700 Million Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
What the hell are you idiots talking about. AidanJC is the only one on topic, making it a 8:1 ratio of bullshit to real discussion. This is toms, but even that's a bit ridiculous.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]AidanJC[/nom]I wonder if these statistics include the invisible web. Would be quite interesting to know.[/citation]
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]What the hell are you idiots talking about. AidanJC is the only one on topic, making it a 8:1 ratio of bullshit to real discussion. This is toms, but even that's a bit ridiculous.[/citation]

numbers that i can gather is that the invisible interent is about 90% of whats out there, but we just cant get to it.

so figure that into the equation,

its either they only have 10% of the full statistic, of 90% of that number is unseen.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
And if the first six comments are any indication, the average intelligence level goes down a little more every day the internet grows.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
So basically this is saying that even more people are getting on the domain squatting bandwagon. Oh joy, finding a decent URL keeps getting worse. People ask for just ridiculous sums of money for many of them too. I was thinking of making a blog about a local hiking trail in my area but the person squatting on the domain I wanted was charging $5,000 for it. And this was for a .ca domain that really couldn't have much broad appeal.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]rajaawad23[/nom]can any one explain to me what is the invisible internet???[/citation]

correct me if im wrong but the tor network underground/websites that dont want to show up on searches.

rajaawad23

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]correct me if im wrong but the tor network underground/websites that dont want to show up on searches.[/citation]

I guess you are right, just been on wikipedia and found this quote.

"It would be a site that's possibly reasonably designed, but they didn't bother to register it with any of the search engines. So, no one can find them! You're hidden. I call that the invisible Web."

which means I have such a website...

Status
Not open for further replies.