Inverter Problem or Backlight Problem? Please Help!

Ezequif

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014
I'm having problems with my Laptop, Its a Hp Pavilion g Series and i think its 1 or 2 years old. Anyway, First of all A few months ago the HDMI port stopped working and it doesnt work at all and the Laptop doesnt detect it... So a few months past and now My computer flickers or flashes when ever i boot it up.. It flashes until windows finishes loading then suddenly it goes all black but the backlight is still on and the computer... And everything seems fine except for the black screen that stays there all day. Sometimes it works and it flickers a little bit and no black screen then a few minutes later it happens again. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

Solution
It could help you figure out the issue. If the laptop works with an external display, that would indicate an inverter issue. If you cannot get any external display to work, that would indicate a gpu or m/b issue.

Ezequif

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014

Yes but i dont have those type of cables to try them out, Do i have to try them?

markwp

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
It could help you figure out the issue. If the laptop works with an external display, that would indicate an inverter issue. If you cannot get any external display to work, that would indicate a gpu or m/b issue.

Solution