Question iOS 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

genej101

Honorable
Aug 16, 2015
When I upgraded my iPhone 11 to iOS 14, on incoming calls only, speaker is always on, the screen immediately dims then goes black, I need the screen to be able to us tree menus, I can back out to settings, come back to the call, and I have the normal screen and it stays lit. That is often too late for the call that came in though and it already has disconnected. Does not happen on outgoing calls. I contacted Apple Support, they ran diagnostics could find nothing wrong with the phone. I left it alone for three weeks, retired don't get many calls, but I again contacted Apple a couple days before the 12 was released, again they couldn't figure it out, said it usually the other way around, people can't get the screen to turn off. I told them I intended to upgrade to the 12, they said that might fix the issue. So, a week ago I did. Same problem. I've been working with them ran extensive diagnostics, their diagnostic team can't figure it out. We've done three resets, one as a brand new phone, the problem persists. They're still trying to figure it. I am asking here if anyone has a clue, if not, I'm returning the phone and will try with a brand new one, which means downloading all apps one at a time, again, and organizing four screens the way I want them. A lot of work, I'd like to avoid if anyone here has an idea they don't? Thanks for thinking about it. :^) gene

genej101

Honorable
Aug 16, 2015
One other odd thing, it won't accept calls from Apple at all. I get a white screen, not the dark one, which asks me to press 1, I do, I see it on the screen, then it says sorry we missed you and hangs up. Only on calls from Apple. How weird is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.