News iOS 16.5.1 may come soon and help fix iPhone battery drain — here’s what we know

Jul 2, 2023
The last iOS software update inadvertently gave some iPhone owners battery drain issues, so it looks like Apple's working on a patch to address it with iOS 16.5.1

iOS 16.5.1 may come soon and help fix iPhone battery drain — here’s what we know : Read more
sadly the 16.5.1 update did nothing to fix the battery issues. This is patheitic in that the drain in very dramtically different than the previous version of IOS. Apples response to this has been very pathetic. Restart my phone, update my apps, wait 48 hours. Yea, maybe this is fine to stave off 80% of the users, but having had these updates for weeks, restarting my phone many times, spending a lot of time tracking down which apps are taking power, NOTHING shows why the phone gets hot all the time, drains batteries in an hour or so doing EXACTLY what I did previous to IOS16.5.

I am a long time phone designer and also have been a field tester for Motorola on the Razr phones.

Is this once again a ploy by Apple to play games with users to upgrade their phones and repair batteries that don't need it? I think they got a huge fine for this tactic before, so why do it again?

This needs some bigger and deeper investigation as to why they have made such a large change to the battery profiles.