iOS 8: Top 10 Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
"You'll now be able to activate Siri hands-free by simply saying "Hey Siri,""
So now your iPhone is actively listening to you all the time. I'll be turning off Siri in iOS8.

curiosul

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Apple hater here (therefore a bit subjective):
This is getting really sad! If Apple drops that much behind, we (android/windows/blackberry/iphone users) all have to lose.
I have to admit that because of Apple fanboys we are where we are right now in the field of smartphones. Yes, Apple hasn't invented anything (smartphone, touchscreen etc etc), they did something equally important: They convinced a lot of people to buy the technology drawing funding into future research (assuring manufacturers/researchers that there will be a sizable market for whatever new thing they make).
Every year they had at least SOMETHING that seemed new (read "not really popular") but this year it's just the same things Android users had for a (long) while.
I really hope there will be a backlash (I doubt it though) from loyal fans that will make Apple work harder for the 6S or at least the 7.

P.S. I imagine the horror of appletards at the idea that they have to DECIDE (for themselves) which phone to get (can you imagine Apple selling 3 different screen sized phones at the same time?). Not to mention trying hard to forget their critique towards fragmentation.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
"You'll now be able to activate Siri hands-free by simply saying "Hey Siri,""
So now your iPhone is actively listening to you all the time. I'll be turning off Siri in iOS8.

This is basically how Cortana works for the most part. Nothing to be concerned about.

dizzy_davidh

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
'The new handoff feature lets you start writing an email or text message on your phone and finish it on your MacBook (or vice versa)'

Wow, that is useful because saving a draft message was/is such a pain!
(Sarcasm implied).

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Uh, what happened to the split screen multi-tasking function that has been on the Android phones for a few years now? Apple still has a lot of catching up to do...

pizzapeter

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
Interactive notifications is great and should be standard across all devices - the less taps it takes to do something the better.

M4UMN

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
Family Sharing would be a LOT better if it didn't require you to enter a payment method. I always use itunes gift cards to load up my account, so since they're getting their money, why can't we simply share the itunes balance? I wont be using it until they remove that requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.