iOS Chief and Retail Head to Leave Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
So wait, did they quit or get canned? "Restructuring" implies that they canned them, but then they tiptoe around it by saying that he'll be "leaving" which implies it's of his own accord.

Apple's worked it's magic on this article so hard, i'm not even sure what's happening.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Sh[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]So wait, did they quit or get canned? "Restructuring" implies that they canned them, but then they tiptoe around it by saying that he'll be "leaving" which implies it's of his own accord.Apple's worked it's magic on this article so hard, i'm not even sure what's happening.[/citation]

With high level Execs they get let go differently than other non-execs. Companies always come up with another term for firing execs like, restructuring, going in a different direction, opportunities with another company....blah blah blah. So basically being an Exec is like being part of an exclusive club that covers your ass unless you really really screwed up.

Forstall really really should have polished iOS maps!!! lol

G

I believe Forstall was well and truly fired, he being in charge of the "maps" fiasco and refused to apologize to Apples user base, thus forcing Tim Cook to make a public apology instead. It's public knowledge, was even reported on CNN...good spin tho...

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Tim will cut the entire research bonus before he is done, and focus on real technology, like cutting costs. Then after he has fired a lot of people, he will give himself a huge bonus and quit the company. 3 years later it will look like HP.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]toxteth[/nom]I believe Forstall was well and truly fired, he being in charge of the "maps" fiasco and refused to apologize to Apples user base, thus forcing Tim Cook to make a public apology instead. It's public knowledge, was even reported on CNN...good spin tho...[/citation]
Apple's policy is to place blame on the end user or deny wrongdoing. The apology for Maps was a clear violation of company policy and would not be tolerated. Had they stated they were "holding it wrong" or "other courts found them guilty" or similar response, then they surely would still have their jobs.

G

Why so late with the news recently. My BBC News App is beating you guys to it by up to four days on pretty much all your news articles!

G

Apple Fanbois last week: Scott Forstall is #1!! F*** Android
Apple Fanbois now: Good Riddance! Who needs that d-bag! Tim Cook #1! F*** Android

alexthager

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]sukafr33[/nom]Apple Fanbois last week: Scott Forstall is #1!! F*** AndroidApple Fanbois now: Good Riddance! Who needs that d-bag! Tim Cook #1! F*** Android[/citation]

Apple Fanboys aren't happy that he's gone.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
I never understood why Browett was hired in the first place. It was a big mistake to hire him, and at least it's a mistake that is being taken care of.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
@thorkle: you're forgetting that given Apple's litigiousness, any other company that tried to create even remotely similar devices would have been sued out of existence.

But as for Apple, I think sharks are starting to smell blood in the water... @southernshark may not be far off-base.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]alexthager[/nom]Apple Fanboys aren't happy that he's gone.[/citation]

Over at Mac Rumors they are cheering. Sukafr33 pretty much sums it up.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]toxteth[/nom]I believe Forstall was well and truly fired, he being in charge of the "maps" fiasco and refused to apologize to Apples user base, thus forcing Tim Cook to make a public apology instead. It's public knowledge, was even reported on CNN...good spin tho...[/citation]
i believe the apple maps fiasco falls on the shoulders of tim cook. apple maps wasnt ready for commercial release yet, so why did cook give the greenlight to release the iphone 5 with apple mpas? did forstall tell cook apple maps was ready, knowing that it wasnt and everyone would find out instalty, and then cook *never* picked up an iphone 5 before the release? nay, this is an executive fumble, not a developer fumble. steve jobs was maniacally obsessed with perfection. jobs would've either kept google maps or delayed the iphon5 until apple maps was ready. tim cook is looking to make a quick buck. in addition to the apple maps fiasco, the iphone 5 has a new back material that's easy to scratch, and the new connector is incompatible with other apple products. all of these things fly in the face of steve jobs' mentality and they're trade-offs of profit over quality.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Apple sure got several new products, but they are just rehashed of the same old products (ipod, ipad, iphone, imac) in different form factor or with incremental hardware and/or software improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS