iPad Hacked to Show Jailbreak is Possible

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Me and my wife read the iPad hate comments daily. Its like reading the daily comics. You make my 2 year olds tantrums seem mild.

Apple is like any other company. Trying to make some money on a product. Company loyalty or hate is halarious.

Grow up- your past embarrasing

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Graham10[/nom]What's the point? - Less than one percent of users want to mess about with something that already works. It's like taking a brand new BMW and felling chuffed because you learnt to service it yourself. The days when everyone's PC would constantly be causing problems and getting stuff done took longer and longer are gone. Move on chaps and allow these new tools to enhance your life not take it over. And if you don't like the ecosystem then don't buy it.[/citation]
U dont get it, chap, its all about freedom of choice... including freedom to install whatever U want.
But, if U enjoy your Apple jail...

G

I dont think YOU get it doc70...

The apps are what make this device actually useful. Things are formatted to this form factor and make it way more productive as a multimedia device then if it had windows on it.

Give it a whirl. You should have some hands on time before you preach!

ncr7002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
[citation][nom]lucyTd[/nom]I dont think YOU get it doc70...The apps are what make this device actually useful. Things are formatted to this form factor and make it way more productive as a multimedia device then if it had windows on it.Give it a whirl. You should have some hands on time before you preach![/citation]

You're the one NOT getting it, jailbreaking allows you to run pirated apps, it's the same as an xbox 360, do you think everyone who has a jailbroken device knows how to code in objective C and creates his or her own apps ? HA ! give me a break.

This is done so some clown on the street can sell you a CD holding 200 apps for 5 dollars. Jeez, how clueless can you be...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]ncr7002[/nom]You're the one NOT getting it, jailbreaking allows you to run pirated apps, it's the same as an xbox 360, do you think everyone who has a jailbroken device knows how to code in objective C and creates his or her own apps ? HA ! give me a break.This is done so some clown on the street can sell you a CD holding 200 apps for 5 dollars. Jeez, how clueless can you be...[/citation]
And you sir are a serious ahole. $5 for 200 apps or 2.5 cents per app. And I suppose those developers that do know how to program in C are happy to work hard to develop an app that some prick like you can pirate and give away for free?

I suppose you also think Adobe is ripping people off for programs like Photoshop and you feel justified in torrenting AudoCAD.

Now you haters make so much sense - you're just a bunch of crooks who probably collect welfare and think the world owes them a living. It's all so clear now.

saaiello

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]kelemvor4[/nom]I'll buy anything if it's shiny and made by apple.http://www.theonion.com/video/appl [...] -no,14299/[/citation]
Hilarious thanks for that.

ncr7002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
My iphone is not jailbroken, and I do buy my apps at the appstore, I don't pirate them. Not sure about all the other weird stuff you said making any sense though, what's with Adobe ? I do know however that I don't appreciate you insulting me, but you're not making sense anyway so whatever.

In any case, you should take a look around your own streets, these things happen all the time, you're just not aware of them.

mancream

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
ericburnby, I guarentee those most of the worlds population would choose free over pay...especially unlocking phones. Why do you think iPhones are expensive?...I'm sure its half of the price to make it but also they need to make profit from those who unlock it.

and why bring up Adobe? What average Joe would spend $1000 on PS or any other program for personal use? To be honest I would spend that money on MJ \ computer part(s) - although mines practically top of the line AMD\ATI ;) \ BEER

Not that I do those stuff just making a point on the person who cries that he gets to pay and others don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.