News iPhone 12’s leaked benchmarks destroy Samsung Galaxy S20 and every Android phone

Mar 16, 2020
And yet, the games I play and the apps I use will be just as fast and look exactly the same as on n and n-1, despite Apple breaking the laws of space and time with the n+1 processor in canned benchmarks.

Mar 16, 2020
The iPhone 12 will be a speed monster so extremely powerful that it will destroy the Galaxy S20 Ultra.

iPhone 12’s leaked benchmarks destroy Samsung Galaxy S20 and every Android phone : Read more

This article is stupid. Is this website slowly becoming a BGR? Destroy a Galaxy S20 or Android phone in what? In useless benchmarks that measure how many polygons per second the processor can handle?

Explain to me why a normal person would care about that. A normal person cares about how easy the phone is to use and the features it has. And a Galaxy S20 (or any Android phone) runs laps around an iPhone in terms of features and what it can actually DO.

I don't care if an iPhone is better at calculus or complex processing than my Android phone. Once you look at a 90 Hz or 120 Hz screen refresh rate, you won't be able to go back to an iPhone and it's garbage display.

You can keep your polygons per second. Because Android "destroys" the iPhone's in categories that actually matter.

pcampbell804

Honorable
Sep 27, 2017
More poweeeer! All the better to multitask with! Oh, wait...

Geekbench scores are not cross platform comparable, despite what Primate Labs says.
This is the same thing they said about the A11 Bionic "crushing all Androids".

And then HTC destroyed the iPhone X in actual speed tests.

Matter of fact, I own the iPhone 11 and XS, and not only does the iPhone 11 struggle to keep up with the 2018 HTC, but the U12 also has a higher resolution screen, better speakers, better headphone audio, and (gasp!) and more detailed camera. Oh yeah, and it does split screen multitasking 😉

Mar 19, 2020
Here’s the issue we face nowadays. You have these people with these cheap smartphones trying to downplay features one phone has (better benchmarks, more security, better privacy, etc) that theirs doesn’t while trying to Frankenstein all the different features from all the different phones that have the same OS as theirs has and trying to compare this super phone that doesn’t exist to a phone they wish they could afford. If you can’t find an individual phone that has all these features that wins against the other phone, it means the other phone is so much better you need to combine multiple phones just to compete.

Jul 31, 2020
This article is stupid. Is this website slowly becoming a BGR? Destroy a Galaxy S20 or Android phone in what? In useless benchmarks that measure how many polygons per second the processor can handle?

Explain to me why a normal person would care about that. A normal person cares about how easy the phone is to use and the features it has. And a Galaxy S20 (or any Android phone) runs laps around an iPhone in terms of features and what it can actually DO.

I don't care if an iPhone is better at calculus or complex processing than my Android phone. Once you look at a 90 Hz or 120 Hz screen refresh rate, you won't be able to go back to an iPhone and it's garbage display.

You can keep your polygons per second. Because Android "destroys" the iPhone's in categories that actually matter.

Agree. They have another article that's titled: " Samsung Galaxy Note 20 crushed by iPhone 12." Talking about comparing apple and oranges. Interesting.

Last edited: