iPhone 4 Gets Microwaved, Bursts Into Flames

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
[citation][nom]arterius2[/nom]lol everything is "modern art thesedays" i bet if i take a dump and put it on a pedestal i can sell it as modern art too. hey im gonna do just that.[/citation]
Oh my god you should totally do that. You can poo on a plate and bring it to a museum and be like "this is my art!" and they'll be like "oh wow that is good art here is money!"

G

So if I take something with a transistor in it and shoot it, blow it up, stick it in the microwave I can be a story on Tomsguide?. Oh wait, I didn't, it was just a concept I have.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
I guess I would rather see no one buy an iphone, than see 20000 of them shot, microwaved, dropped, spit on, etc.
If you dont like it dont buy it. I totally agree with buying something, it doesnt work, shooting at it. I have a hard time with buy 700 worth of phone, microwave it. No point.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
He did the same thing to the ipad (top end model) and stuck an eyeball on the remains and called it an "eye pad" then when he went to sell it on ebay, it only fetched a top bid of $132. Well below the reserve.

I'd probably never buy an iphone (unless they unchained it from AT&T, etc...) but this is just stupid. How does it feel to have paid $300 for a slab of toxic toast?

G

This is an excellent demonstration of an idiot with a peanut size brain.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
What a waste... OF ENERGY! The so called phone that doesn't allow its user to place a call due to inferior reception... not so much!

(Hint apple - You have to add an proper antenna to the hardware you know =))

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
[citation][nom]theuerkorn[/nom]I guess I am getting too old for this as I prefer to spend my money on stuff I'm planning to keep and use. I'm sure there are thousands of other sure-fire destruction methods for any phone on the market. Are we going to explore all of those?1. Drop it from the Space Needle ... will it crack?2. Use a sledge hammer ... will it scratch?3. Put it in a drill press ... will the drill break?4. Submerse it in fluid ... got milk?5. Replace "iPhone" with any other moniker and repeat ...[/citation]
Youcre obviously too old to understand the point of these.videos. **This is what we think of apple trash.**-

baldinie

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I hate Apple as much as the next sane person, but this is a stupid waste of decent technology. I mean that microwave can never be used again.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
hmm... this is a tech website... we want some compareson... it they want to blend, shoot, microwave, drop or... on cellphone... please do so on all current top smartphone...

How about a destructive compareson/stree test on iPhone4, EVO 4G, Droid X?..;) to see which on is more "dureable"

That should be both useful and fun! (not cheap though..:p )

vinehoyle

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
well that's 1 very dead iphone4 lol! But the logo survived perfectly!! Another fine Apple product lol!! I love the smell of burning overpriced, overhyped fruit in the morning!! ROFLAAAAAOOOO!!

Wonder what he could get for the copper ribbon that was the battery? LOL!!

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
this is lame, why just even get an iphone for tests like this? it's not that good to get microwaved, it must directly go to garbage!

Status
Not open for further replies.