iPhone 5 Rumors Round Up in Video Form

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
To be honest phones and pads seem to be hitting a level where there are a lot of good phones from a lot of manufacturers. Unless Apple comes out with something that is way and above what others are offering i think that it will be more of the same....
Once upon a time it was an easy decision when after a new phone or upgrade i.e. look at the iphones. Now you need to take a look at other offerings as there is a lot being offered right now.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]onyx_64[/nom]so whats new or better compared to phones that already exist?! its white?[/citation]
The A5 processor from the iPad2 that includes the PowerVR SGX545MP2 GPU. According to Toms Review of the Xoom using Tegra2, the A5 blows it out of the water in over 90% of the GPU related benchmarks.. This should hold up until Kal-El products are finally sold..

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/motorola-xoom-android,2947-8.html

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]In a world where every other manufacturer comes out with a new Android phone once a month.. I don't think Apple is moving too fast with their electronics.[/citation]

i only take exception with the ipads. the first ipad came out and it felt like it wasn't many months later they released the ipad 2

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]the android market may be flooded with an insane amount of products but there is little to no competition because 99.999% of what comes out is complete crap.other than the major branded ones, much of the lesser knows ones but massive in numbers tend to be systems running something like android 2.3 but with only 128MB ram and a 500-600MHz CPU and resistive touch screenno one is going to buy them, and the ones that are worth buying have a huge price markup.Incread of apple discontinuing the old iphones and making a new one each year (as if they are expecting their product to only last 1 year) they need to instead focus on bringing the price down for the current iphone.The software market has not caught up with the iphone's hardware yet, all they need to do is fix a few design flaws with the antenna, then keep everything else the same and focus on bringing down the price. the iphone should not be costing more than $150 with out a phone contract.[/citation]

that doesn't work because of how the apple fanboys are. they will always go after the latest and greatest models and would never consider getting a last gen model. anyone who does has the common sense to compare the iphone with other phones on the market. but my wireless carrier is trying to sell old iphone 3G for 0 down on a 3yr contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS