iPhone 5 Sources Point Dual LED Flash

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Ya, I'm still not stoked on the whole smart phone thing. My work is getting me one, and as I am the only person receiving a phone I get to pick one out, as well as the carrier. After doing some research I think it is either an android or the Dell venue pro with win phone 7 will win out. But even then I feel like I am choosing the best solution among a lineup of losers.
I mean they all fail in things that matter for business use;
There is no phone with heavy use that gets over a day of battery (and most not even that)
There is no phone with good interoperability with a PC like a netbook has (think file system, data sync, and applications instead of useless apps, etc)
The mobile office suite sucks, though the ability to run PPT off my phone seems cool
They almost all fail when it comes to making phone calls, everyone is either too quiet, or they make me sound odd on the other end.

I know they have come a long way from the first gen smart phones, so there are exciting new features (like copy and paste, and duel flash) that seem earth shattering to those who have been using these devices for years; But as someone on the outside looking in It seems to be a circus of ants, where someone accustomed to using a real computer will feel handicapped and frustrated most of the time.

I mean look at the internet. I pay $35/mo for unlimited access (generally 2TB/mo thank you Netflix) that moves about 25Mbps (rated at 30), and then I am expected to pay $25+ for a capped internet plan that can do a whopping 6Mbps if all of the stars align just right, or a sad little 1-2 in most areas, on a device that cannot even display a full web page on it's screen.

Or the keyboard for example. I can type well over 40wpm on a standard keyboard, when I know exactly what I want to say. Now I have to use my thumbs? Really? It's like being a genius (and mind you, not a stupid apple genius bar kind of genius) and having most of your brain removed! I mean, this is 2011! cant I dictate to my phone yet and have it type out a word document or text yet? That would be much less painful and help me get work done, which is the point to a real smart phone isn't it? To get work done? I mean who in their right mind would pay nearly $100 for a single person to be this frustrated for 'fun'? It is the same frustration with tablets... sure, they work, but everything is just so much easier on a full computer (PC or Mac) than on any tablet (not to mention it looks better, and ends with a better quality product). Maybe my view will change when I have used one for a few weeks... But something tells me not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS