iPhone 8 Reportedly Bursting at Seams, Apple Investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcwofford

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
I had this happen to the iPhone 5 I had before my current 5e. But....it took three years for the top to pop off and the damn thing worked like a charm in spite of the damage. All I had to do is force it back down with my fingers. I finally decided I should upgrade. But if this new 5e is as good a device as my old little iPhone tank, I will be happy!

darsman

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
So how much money does Apple put in your and the rest of the media's pockets that you can't be straight up with people about this?

This is a tech site and you exactly how dangerous swelling batteries are, and Lithium Ion no less! When Samsung had the battery incident, all the media went ballistic over it right from the get go, even though Apple had also had battery's that had exploded in their phones as well. it was all focused on Samsung.

Swollen and swelling batteries, during and after charging can over heat, explode and leak. These phones are also coming apart, which is a hazard in itself which can lead to electrical damage, glass injury from shattered screens.

If this was any other company other than Apple (and a couple others) you would not be down playing the dangers involved here but rather warning people straight away with a big headline such as "here we go again" .
Rather you give Apple a big hug and tell people its not big deal, popular devices sometimes have problems, there is nothing to worry about unless Apple says there is. What a joke.
People need to realize that money moves the media in both directions and its just amazing how controlled your reporting perspective is when certain company's are involved over others, even at the expense of people's safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.